The Fairmont Police Department is establishing an eligibility list for future hiring.
All hiring efforts start off with an application that has to be filled out and turned in to the City Clerk with other required documents by February 8th, 2017 @ 1P.M.. Come to the City/County Building downtown and pick up a packet or have one emailed to you – visit http://bit.ly/1WDmCEl
Physical agility and written tests are scheduled for February 27th.
If selected, you’ll receive:
- Starting salary is $35,162 while on probation…$38,231 after a year.
- WVSP Academy certified applicants who are chosen for employment may also be eligible for a $3000 allotment.
- Addition to base pay in lieu of shift differential= $.45/hr
- Additional pay for having Baccalaureate degree = $.28/hr
- College tuition reimbursement program
- 20 year retirement
- 12 to 14 paid holidays annually
- 6 personal days/yr
- 2 weeks paid vacation after your first year
- A yearly uniform allowance
- Paid sick leave
- Longevity pay
- Take home cruiser program
- Dunkin' Donuts just opened up in town ;)
We've got a pretty good group of people working here and if you'd like to become a co-worker, the first step is getting your application in. Your career...your community...you can make a difference.
The job’s not for everyone. The fact is, not everyone can - or should – be a police officer. You won’t get rich. There will be long hours. You’ll go through about eight months of intensive training (four months at the WV State Police Academy and 4 months with a field training officer). Accidents, injuries, abuse and death will all become a regular part of your week, if not your day. Some people simply aren't suited for the work, for a number of reasons. These few warnings are not meant to scare you off, they are to acclimate you to some of what you’ll experience. But it's all worth it in the end when you get to have a part in helping others and making your community a better, safer place. It is a challenging, but rewarding occupation.
Become a Police Officer The Fairmont Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer.
Requirements for Applicants:
1. Must be between the age of 18 and 40 on the date of application;
2. Must possess a valid driver’s license;
3. Must have a high school diploma or GED;
4. Must successfully complete and pass various mandatory examinations.
Applications and informational packets may be obtained at the City of Fairmont, City Clerk’s Office, City/County Complex, 200 Jackson Street, Room 312, Fairmont, West Virginia, between 8:30 a.m., Monday, December 5, 2016 and 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 8, 2017. The last day to accept applications is 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 8, 2017. The physical agility test and written examination will be given on Monday, February 27, 2017.
Fairmont Police Department
The Fairmont Police Department is a 24-hour a day/7 days a week operating department. The department consists of 36 sworn civil service officers and 6 civilian support staff. All of the officers are members of the Fraternal Order of Police through FOP Lodge 69. All of our officers are certified through the State of West Virginia, which includes training through the Basic Academy classes at the West Virginia State Police Academy in Institute, West Virginia. The department answers a wide variety of calls for service, from parking complaints and barking dogs to domestic violence and homicide.