Cancelling City Services

Cancel / Terminate Utility Services

Any current utility service customer who wants to terminate or cancel their utility service must do so in writing. In the event of a dispute, written notification requesting termination of your account will be considered proof.

Do not assume that the new owner or tenant will put the service into their name accepting financial responsibility for the utility service. You will continue to be financially responsible for usage until written notification is received.

Request Form

Please print and fill out the Request to Cancel / Terminate Utility Services form. You may fax to 304-366-6232, or mail to: 

City of Fairmont Water Department
Customer Service - Turn On/Off
P.O. Box 1428
Fairmont, WV 26555-1428